The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this historic city.
Explore historic North End - Boston's oldest neighbourhood - admire the city's skyline from Back Bay Fens parkland, stroll around the university campuses of Harvard and MIT or people-watch at Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Boston with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Boston:
- Over 20 colour maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of the city and a transport map, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Boston, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floorplans show in detail the imposing Massachusetts State House, elegant Trinity Church, extensive Museum of Fine Arts, leafy Harvard Yard and more
- Colour photographs of Boston's historic sights, impressive architecture, renowned museums and galleries, illustrious universities, beautiful parks and gardens, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Beacon Hill and West End; Old Boston and the Financial District; North End and the Waterfront; Chinatown and the Theatre District; Back Bay and South End; and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the history of Boston, including its central role in the American Revolution; the city's architecture and world-famous museums; eminent Bostonians; its lavish theatre district; festivals and events; and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Boston is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Boston.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.