The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this dramatically beautiful state.
Take a trip through the water-filled canyons of Lake Powell, tour the Mesa Verde National Park's Ancient Puebloan cliff dwellings, stroll the centuries-old cobbled alleys of San Xavier del Bac Mission or hike one of the Grand Canyon's many walking trails: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within colour-coded chapters. Discover the best of Arizona and the Grand Canyon with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Arizona and the Grand Canyon:
- Over 10 colour maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Arizona and the Grand Canyon, designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and area plans show in detail the ancient cultural site of Chaco Canyon, 18th-century San Xavier del Bac Mission in Tucson, fascinating Heard Museum in Pheonix and more
- Colour photographs of Arizona's breathtaking landscapes - including the Colorado Desert, Arizona Upland, High Country, Colorado Plateau and Grand Canyon, Monument Valley - plus its unique flora and fauna, bustling cities, historic missions and ancient settlements, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Grand Canyon and Northern Arizona; Phoenix and Southern Arizona; the Four Corners and more
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the fascinating history of Arizona and the Grand Canyon, its dramatic landscape, flora and fauna, art and architecture, traditional festivals and events, and more
- Experience Arizona and the Grand Canyon with features on the Native Cultures of Arizona, the Wild West, Route 66, Ancestral Puebloans, and more
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop and sightsee, plus transport, visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Arizona and the Grand Canyon is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to Arizona and the Grand Canyon.
DK Eyewitness: winner of the Top Guidebook Series in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2017.